Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology is a non-invasive photo rejuvenation treatment that offers dramatic improvement to multiple conditions including hyper-pigmentation (dark/sun spots) and red skin (enlarged/damaged vessels). This IPL treatment is typically done as a series resulting in younger, smoother looking skin with little or no downtime. It offers a safe non-invasive solution that can be tailored to your individual condition and skin type, providing superior cosmetic results and patient satisfaction.
HOW IS PHOTO-FACIAL OR IPL TREATMENT PERFORMED?
A cold gel is usually applied to the area to be treated. The smooth glass surface of the IPL hand piece is gently applied to your skin and pulses of light are applied. You may feel a slight sting, like the snapping of a small rubber band. An anesthetic cream may be used, but seldom required.
WHY ARE MULTIPLE TREATMENTS NECESSARY?
Treatment is generally administered in a series of 3 to 6 sessions that provide excellent long term results, minimal adverse effects and high satisfaction. Each treatment takes about 20 minutes, so depending on the number of conditions you are treating, and the severity of the individual problem, a series treatment may be recommended. Another benefit of an IPL treatment is that you can return to work the same day and resume all your regular activities.
IPL treatments are have become increasingly popular in treating red, brown and age spots. If you would like to schedule an IPL treatment in our Laguna Niguel center, please note a few requirements prior to scheduling:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you cannot be treated.
- If you have a tan or artificial tan you must wait 30 days from exposure to be treated.
- If you using any Retin-A or Retnol discontinue use 1 week prior to treatment.
- If you are having your face treated, please come with a clean (make-up free) face.
- If you are having your chest or decollete area treated, please refrain from using perfume in that area.